Okay, I’m bad at this no-caffeine thing. In my defense, this is probably the lowest-caffeine option I could have chosen. I was craving one of Golden Moon’s white teas, and I’m honestly thinking about ordering one or two more. They’re just so delicate and wonderful! I’m also thinking about getting 8 oz. of Sinharaja, which may be too much but mom and I both love it. Plus with the promotion they have going on it’d be about $2 more than the 3.5 oz…

This smells so mouthwatering. It’s probably the only way I’m getting fresh melon anything in the middle of winter, so I’ll enjoy it. Not sure what I did differently this time around, but this cup has a bit of a spicy vegetal note to it. Still absolutely delicious either way.

Kat_Maria

Golden Moon? Promotion?! What about my tea buying hiatus??? Must. resist.

bluebelle

Sinharaja was recently rated in the top ten teas in the world and so they have a 25% off offer on it with a code… I really want some of it so I don’t know that I can resist.

Comments

Kat_Maria

Golden Moon? Promotion?! What about my tea buying hiatus??? Must. resist.

bluebelle

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.