A resteep! I was thoroughly under the impression that blacks don’t resteep, ever. But then I browsed through some tasting notes on this and saw others had done it successfully, so I guess I’ll be trying resteeps with my favorite blacks.

If possible this smells even more like a cinnamon bun this time around! How is this possible?! It’s even more bready and has the smell of that cinnamon glaze that makes a cinnamon bun so good.

It brews up a little lighter than the first time, but it still seems to have held up. The taste reflects the smell: more bready, strong cinnamon, but definitely not a weak steep at all.

ETA: Cooling doesn’t seem to affect the taste much at all, which means it’s delicious both ways. Good to know!

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.