A resteep! I was thoroughly under the impression that blacks don’t resteep, ever. But then I browsed through some tasting notes on this and saw others had done it successfully, so I guess I’ll be trying resteeps with my favorite blacks.

If possible this smells even more like a cinnamon bun this time around! How is this possible?! It’s even more bready and has the smell of that cinnamon glaze that makes a cinnamon bun so good.

It brews up a little lighter than the first time, but it still seems to have held up. The taste reflects the smell: more bready, strong cinnamon, but definitely not a weak steep at all.

ETA: Cooling doesn’t seem to affect the taste much at all, which means it’s delicious both ways. Good to know!

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.