Sipdown! At least while my tastebuds are half-dead I can get rid of some of the dreadful hibiscus teas we have lurking around the house. Also a good boost of vitamin C, which I’m not sure will help but at least it can’t hurt. If I’ve caught what my mom has it’s probably pneumonia, so I’m really hoping I didn’t catch what she has.

Considering the smell, I think this would be good mixed with limeade, chilled, in the summer. As it is I won’t be buying it again to try. I think all those Zinger teas I liked as a kid put me off hibiscus/rosehip/cranberry in tea permanently. This is too sweet (stevia? I didn’t even know until now), overly fruity, and just kind of weird, but right now it doesn’t taste too bad. In fact I’m kind of liking it. It’s like warm kool-aid, and while that shouldn’t be comforting in the least it is. Now we’ll see if I can sip anything else down.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.