Resteep with the leaves from earlier. Tried it right at boiling since the leaves can handle it. Right now I’m loving that houjicha is possibly the easiest green to deal with. You can’t burn it, oversteep it, or anything else I’m always doing wrong with them (although I am slowly getting better).

This produced a stronger cup. At its strongest it’s medium-bodied and a little nutty, I really like it. I keep upping the rating but I think I’ll have to do so again.

Elizabeth, college student, anthropology major, bio and history minor. I love to travel and try new foods (and teas!). I also enjoy music, books, video games as often as I can get my hands on them.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it a couple of years ago. Tea sometimes helps me feel better when chronic illness is making things hard. It’s also fun to experiment with!

I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything. My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, fruit, vanilla, and floral flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.