Brewed this just short of boiling (i.e. some steam/vapor but no whistling happening with the kettle), one teaspoon to 8 oz. This is possibly the best-smelling EG I’ve tried: I love the smell of grapefruit and this is gentle and slightly sweet. It mixes with the bergamot well. I’m also close to sipdown with this one! About one cup left, and I’ll be sad to see it go.

This tea sparkles. Not literally of course, but something about the feeling of it reminds me of drinks like ginger ale. It’s really refreshing while also feeling like some kind of special treat. There’s no bitterness to it at all, which is surprising because grapefruit is one of those things I rarely like because of the bitterness. I’m really glad I took a chance on this sample with my last order! Upping the rating.

TeaTiff

I just ordered 2oz of this on Friday. Reading this tasting note makes me very eager for it to get here:)

bluebelle

I hope you like it! Whenever I let myself order things again it’s on my list.

Comments

TeaTiff

bluebelle

I hope you like it! Whenever I let myself order things again it’s on my list.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.