I feel accomplished! I got a swap to Jennkay and the T&C box shipped, I got groceries, and I cleaned out Mom’s car. All while sick! I’m much better today, though, as evidenced by my burst of energy.

This time I heavily doctored this: low temperature, short steep, underleafed by half, and added a handful of chrysanthemum flowers. The theory is that it’d turn out at least somewhat like the tea from the Thai restaurant nearby that’s so delicious. Short answer: it worked. It’s not quite identical to the blend I love, but it’s pretty close and delicious. I’d rate this cup 85/100 but the tea itself remains as-is. I think next time I’ll tweak it with just a little extra leaf to the same amount of chrysanthemum.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain hibiscus.

Indiana, U.S.