Made a cup of this at least half an hour ago and then couldn’t taste it because dinner was strongly spiced. Oops!

It’s cooled down now but it’s really nice: lots of cardamom with a dry, solid cinnamon/cocoa taste in the background. The aftertaste is sweet and aromatic. This is not much of a chocolate tea—the cocoa taste is definitely more like powder than a chocolate bar, but it works. I’m so happy I picked this up in MissB’s sale! I’ve found over the last few days that cardamom even beats out cinnamon as my favorite spice in tea. I’ll have to keep one around constantly to get my fix.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.