For some reason (low pressure outside?) my kettle has been weird today and hasn’t been steaming up at all until the water is just short of boiling. So this was brewed at roughly 200F even though I’d normally wait for the full boil.

This smells wonderful in the bag. It’s pure pear. As it brews the smell is again diluted by the DT black base. It’s actually kind of a weird combination, and I’m wondering if this shouldn’t be based on a different kind of tea. Despite that, the taste is good. I say good and not great because after tasting it I do think it should be a different base. Maybe green or white? The pear flavoring is spot-on, though. I like this but I’m on the fence about whether I’d actually restock it.

ETA: This is my 200th tasting note! My 100th was ten days ago. I have a problem.

VariaTEA

Haha yay!! Congrats on 200!!

__Morgana__

Congrats!

Comments

VariaTEA

Haha yay!! Congrats on 200!!

__Morgana__

Congrats!

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.