Attempting a resteep. This still smells incredible, and I think I could easily get addicted to it. There’s more black tea this time around, but it’s still nice and fruity.

After a few quick searches I’m despairing a little, however; none of the U.S. sources for this company seem to sell this one! And everywhere in Canada/elsewhere has shipping over $20… I’m willing to pay for shipping from France (which is cheaper than Canada?!) if I have a big order, but surprise customs fees also scare me. Sigh.

Anyway, the tea: I think this actually worked as a resteep but it’s about half as dark so I won’t attempt a third. It’s more watery but the same flavor is still there. Honestly, when I say “watery” it’s not really fair—this is about what I would expect from most fruit-flavored blacks. It’s just that the first cup was so flavorful it just about knocked me out. I’m glad I’ll be able to make it last this way since I’m not sure when I’ll be able to restock! :(

MissB

You can get Dammann Frères teas at Cadeau Vendomme in France, for really reasonable prices (around 5-7 euros per 100g). Shipping was a flat rate 8 eurpos to North America, lighting fast, and exceptionally well packaged.

MissB

… and I know they have this because I bought 100g of it. ;)

MissB

Oh, and I paid zero customs fees. Sorry for all the notes!

Comments

MissB

MissB

… and I know they have this because I bought 100g of it. ;)

MissB

Oh, and I paid zero customs fees. Sorry for all the notes!

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.