Attempting a resteep. This still smells incredible, and I think I could easily get addicted to it. There’s more black tea this time around, but it’s still nice and fruity.

After a few quick searches I’m despairing a little, however; none of the U.S. sources for this company seem to sell this one! And everywhere in Canada/elsewhere has shipping over $20… I’m willing to pay for shipping from France (which is cheaper than Canada?!) if I have a big order, but surprise customs fees also scare me. Sigh.

Anyway, the tea: I think this actually worked as a resteep but it’s about half as dark so I won’t attempt a third. It’s more watery but the same flavor is still there. Honestly, when I say “watery” it’s not really fair—this is about what I would expect from most fruit-flavored blacks. It’s just that the first cup was so flavorful it just about knocked me out. I’m glad I’ll be able to make it last this way since I’m not sure when I’ll be able to restock! :(

MissB

You can get Dammann Frères teas at Cadeau Vendomme in France, for really reasonable prices (around 5-7 euros per 100g). Shipping was a flat rate 8 eurpos to North America, lighting fast, and exceptionally well packaged.

MissB

… and I know they have this because I bought 100g of it. ;)

MissB

Oh, and I paid zero customs fees. Sorry for all the notes!

Comments

MissB

MissB

… and I know they have this because I bought 100g of it. ;)

MissB

Oh, and I paid zero customs fees. Sorry for all the notes!

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.