Tried this one again, this time with about 1 3/4 teaspoons of leaf and a full five minutes of steep time. Oddly I’m still not getting much lime. There’s some vague citrus-y flavor, but it’s not bright and strong like I’d expect lime to be. The rooibos is really strong, and while it’s still very creamy I just don’t get lime from this at all. I guess I just don’t “get” this tea.

Late ETA: I let this cool down completely and then drank it—there’s something that seems to be attempting to impersonate lime, but it’s way too sweet and has no bite. Hmm.

VariaTEA

I steep it for 2 minutes. Perhaps that will help.

MissB

Yep, less steep time and a slightly lower temperature than boiling is also what makes this one shine for me.

bluebelle

Oops, forgot to say this one was a sipdown! Next time I get my hands on some I’ll definitely try that, thank you both.

Comments

VariaTEA

I steep it for 2 minutes. Perhaps that will help.

MissB

bluebelle

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.