Tried this one again, this time with about 1 3/4 teaspoons of leaf and a full five minutes of steep time. Oddly I’m still not getting much lime. There’s some vague citrus-y flavor, but it’s not bright and strong like I’d expect lime to be. The rooibos is really strong, and while it’s still very creamy I just don’t get lime from this at all. I guess I just don’t “get” this tea.

Late ETA: I let this cool down completely and then drank it—there’s something that seems to be attempting to impersonate lime, but it’s way too sweet and has no bite. Hmm.

VariaTEA

I steep it for 2 minutes. Perhaps that will help.

MissB

Yep, less steep time and a slightly lower temperature than boiling is also what makes this one shine for me.

bluebelle

Oops, forgot to say this one was a sipdown! Next time I get my hands on some I’ll definitely try that, thank you both.

Comments

VariaTEA

I steep it for 2 minutes. Perhaps that will help.

MissB

bluebelle

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.