There are tons of EGs in my box from LiberTEAS, thanks to our shared love of them I assume. I’m excited to try them all! So far I haven’t been disappointed. This is one I specifically asked for because I was curious about the company (I was drawn in by the great packaging, I admit—I’m a sucker for design).

This is a very solid EG offering. The bergamot is all fruit and no perfume, and the base is assertive but without a trace of bitterness. It’s actually much milder than I expected from the name, but not meek in any way. It’s not my favorite plain EG that I’ve had, but I wouldn’t mind having it in my cabinet.

EvaGrimm

Nice! I’m currently on a search for more EG’s to try so I’ll be keeping an eye on your tasting notes.

bluebelle

I hope I can help you find some you like!

Comments

EvaGrimm

bluebelle

I hope I can help you find some you like!

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.