This is a delicious medium-roasted oolong. I’d actually say it’s more like a light-medium mix, because it’s the lightest medium I’ve had yet. That means that some of the lighter fruity and floral notes you’d find in a green oolong come through, but there’s also a delicious roasty, almost bready flavor to it too. The floral taste is a lot like what most companies describe as “orchid” flavor, but this time it tastes much richer than I’m used to. There’s also just a little bit of a honey aftertaste to it that I love. I’m glad I have several more cups of this left! This is one I’d definitely consider buying.

carol who Da Hong Pao (Big Red Robe) Wuyi Rock Oolong Tea Fujian

How do they fit this on a label?

Comments

carol who Da Hong Pao (Big Red Robe) Wuyi Rock Oolong Tea Fujian

How do they fit this on a label?

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.