drank Island Coconut by Amoda Tea

I have to warn everyone in advance that this review is a little biased—I can’t help but compare this to GM’s Coconut Pouchong. It feels like that natural coconut flavor is what the tea is trying for, but it doesn’t quite make it there.

It’s a nice mellow green with some fresh coconut flavor up front, but the aftertaste falls flat for me; it’s like sugared, dry coconut you’d find on a cake or pie instead of the fresh stuff. The taste comes close to GM’s version, but in the end it’s no contest for me. I guess that’s a misleading statement because there’s nothing offensive about this at all and I’ll have no problem getting through it, but it’s definitely not a restock when it’s gone.

Flavors: Coconut

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.