A sad sipdown. I read TeaTiff’s recent note about this one and remembered that I had one more cup of this left from my swap with her. It sounded extra delicious this morning. I’m also trying to work my way back to having multiple cups in a day, and I think if I go with teas I think of as “lighter” it’ll work better. This one is technically a black but there are enough other things in it that it doesn’t feel like one.

This smells so good. It’s in my top five smell-wise for sure. Cinnamon pastry with nuts and raisins, with lots of extra cinnamon glaze. The taste is great too, citrusy in warm way instead of being bitter. The vanilla and cinnamon flavors keep that pastry feeling going, and between the smell and the flavor I could almost swear I’m drinking a bear claw. Bumping the rating up just a little and adding this to my list to buy.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.