I made this alongside the last cup, which means the water was a little hotter than last time. This tea doesn’t seem to have suffered for it, and in fact it’s just as good as last time.

In this cup I’m getting some of the deeper oolong flavors with a darker stonefruit note. It’s a little like cooked peaches with some alcohol mixed in with a darker-roast oolong. There’s a note almost like coffee in the background that’s really interesting with the other flavors. I like it this way but I think my preferred steep is just a little less heat—I love the lighter florals present in the last cup.

205 °F / 96 °C

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.