It’s interesting how you can brew a tea twice and it tastes completely different each time. In this case I look back at my last review of this one and have no idea what I was talking about, because this tastes like spices and molasses or those roasted and sugared nuts that are everywhere around the winter holidays. No coffee or sugary icing to be found!

I’m completely exhausted thanks to an entire day of travel yesterday; I thought it would be a few hours, but thanks to storms near home we got delayed quite a bit. The best solution I can think of is a zingy tea with some caffeine to it, and this smelled good to me this morning. There’s definitely a lot of cinnamon to it, and the creaminess is nice. I have to say that I think “monkey bread” is a better name for this tea: it tastes exactly like the monkey bread I remember eating as a kid.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.