Went to the tax lady today…got that ordeal over with!!! As a reward (as if I need an excuse) I stopped by Happy Lucky’s Tea House which has THE BEST service in the world! The regular 2 guys are terrific but today was the first intro of a new employee Diana who went out of her way to make sure I’d have a great time. I decided to try something way different than anything I have at home. Smoked Earl Grey. What in the Sam Hill would this taste like? There was a new frosting of snow out the window to look at…and a bamboo tray with a lovely white ceramic pot and cup was brought to my table “another 2 minutes and I’ll be back”, she said. OK. (about 4 min total on the steep I’m guessing). The first pour….transported me to a mountain cabin with a log fire crackling away to warm the room. There was the scent of flowers gently edging in under the smoke from some other room. Comforting but a really big smoke. I wanted some dark chocolate or a pear or aged dry goat cheese with this. The pairing would be the same as some red wines that I love. I added sugar and it brought out the floral in a good way. Diana and I were in cahoots (is this spelled right KAHOOTS?) “Let’s try a second steep and see where it takes us!” (I’m drinking a lot of tea…slosh) but…the second steep was way better…less smoke but not bland at all. So good. Not artificial. I liked this tea. Never thought of drinking anything like this. I did buy another smokier tea to cook with but may return soon for this one to keep forever. Thank’s to Happy Lucky’s for a memorable tea time!