drank Thai Chai by Adagio Teas

I tasted this tea in 3 stages. Steep time 5 minutes 212 degrees. There is a strong first fragrance of cardamom and ginger root. Liquor Golden with a slight green tinge. The wet brew is a salad of chopped coconut and lemongrass, ginger root, some type of small light seed (not coriander), black tea, cardamom and cinnamon. Very pretty. First pour plain is slightly sweet and mainly tastes of ginger root with a lemony finish…nice and light. Adding sugar brings up the cardamom a little bit. Adding milk…WOW…this is CHAI! The cardamom comes up further and the blend becomes creamy, balanced and delicious. The ginger is calmed down by the milk but the cinnamon still lends a bite. If I were to correct anything at all I would increase the coconut content and tone down the ginger a bit so that you know coconut is there along with the lemongrass which gets a bit lost. I like Chai that takes you somewhere exotic. For that…this tea hits the mark. I am not in North America when I drink this, I’m on a journey and transported. (I know some people say I’m not on this planet either)…Good tea though!

Bonnie

I forgot to confess that I’m now having this with a chocolate brownie!

Indigobloom