First review.

Last night my daughter and 3 teenaged granddaughters (18,16,14) came over for laughter (we seem to laugh till we cry at the dumbest things) and have tea.
I had fresh strawberries from California, cookies, 3 pots of different tea…Czar Nikolas II with Cherry Jam first, then Sweet Potato Pie Tea, ending with this very smoky Lapsang Souchong. I knew that noone had ever tasted anything like this tea before.

When we ended our array of tastings ending with this tea, my youngest granddaughter was absolutely loving it! Only the oldest didn’t prefer it… and thought it was like having a piece of smoked meat. Oh well, everyone else enjoyed it.

Here are the comments:
It tastes like you’re in a cabin in the woods…it brings you to memories of camping or a Winter day when the snow is falling. The smoke is real and not artifical or chemical tasting. Comforting…like having a wood fire in the fireplace and candlelight. I had only steeped a scant teaspoon for 2 minutes for 10 oz.

I’ve added Lapsang Souchong leaves to other tea’s that I wanted smoky like Czar Nikolas II once and in Earl Grey which was good also. I think this would be tasty while eating chocolate so I’ll try that next time. Good tea time.