Thanks to Ian for this generous sample. I took a pain pill for my tooth extraction so that I can truly enjoy myself!!! OK. First the story and then the review. Some of you know I moved from Silicon Valley to Colorado. Well growing up in Santa Clara County (Silicon Valley) it used to be the Prune Capitol of the World. Yes, total agriculture…apricots, vineyards, etc. UNTIL…well you know what…HP, Apple and everything else. I ended up living in the last remaining agricultural pocket which grows Mushrooms. Here is where the Puerh comes in. That pocket is the town of Morgan Hill and gets a bit stinky (the Coastal fog mixes with the smell and creates stink fog…) from Mushrooms but the Mushrooms are really really good. This 1999 Puerh reminds me of the earthy raw Crimini Mushrooms before you dust them off (actually the dirt is sterile so you never have to worry). If you smell them and take a bite as is…well this is what the Puerh flavor is like. Mulch dirt and Crimini Mushrooms raw. The taste is not fishy but quite nice. Rich like a light broth. My preference is to make a latte with Puerhs which is what I ended up doing. To my delight, the earthiness was not buried. I think this is a good Puerh. (This sounds stupid but true the next town over from Morgan Hill is Gilroy…home of the Gilroy Garlic Festival…so if you can imagine garlic fog…yes…garlic FOG! tasty!).