First review.

I was sitting at the bar at Happy Lucky’s and Andy slipped me a shot of this tea. My life passed before my eyes in a moment…(maybe longer) and every tea thing I knew about unflavored tea CHANGED (hear the drumbeat) right then! I had NO idea that you could taste Bahddah (butter) and popcorn and a bit of floral with all it’s sweetness in a tea. No idea that leaves smelling and looking like fresh spinach cooked in butter could produce tea that is so remarkable. Who knew? I bought 1 ounce of precious tea but find that you can resteep many times without the tea getting weak. I have to be careful not to steep too long or the tea gets overly vegital tasting.
This is a wonderful addition to the tea cupboard and opened me to trying Oolongs and other unflavored Tea!

Second tasting…the leaves dried while I was busy doing other things and here in Colorado it’s in the 70’s and the air is quite dry all the time. I’m so surprised at how large the leaves are! Really big! I have one of those safe plastic large 20oz dishwasher safe insulated cups that my silicon steeper just fits in perfectly…has a lid and I used for multiple steepings…easy to transfer leaves from pot to this method and also portable. Anyway…a 2 minute steep was plenty long for a supurb brew. Oh this is lightly sweet and buttery good. Slight orchid…very very slight….not nutty like nuts but like brown rice. Maybe a reason why people may like this is that it’s like rosotto… that buttery, nutty rice flavor. Well… today this is what it tastes like to me.

A fantastic Oolong. I am so greatful that my local tea people have tastings or I would never have known this kind of tea existed. What a pleasure!

Scatterbrain

Sounds like my kind of tea.