drank Love Affair by ESP Emporium

Thank you to Melanie for this ample sample! This is a nice evening Rooibos created it appears by ESP Emporium for Valentines Day. It is a long steep (8-10 minutes) producing a medium cognac liquor that smells like chocolate almond biscotti but tastes slightly sweet and not almondy at all. The full 10 munute steep and a bit of sugar brings all the color and flavor to fullness. More rose color from..uh…roses and rhubarb (can’t taste rhubarb so it must be adding warm roundness instead of acid) and the slightest hint of floral. Rooibos is there in the dry finish. Since Rooibos can sit and cook…getting better and better throughout the day, I think that having a fine tasting one around for one of those busy project days when you just can’t watch a pot is fantastic. This would be a nice addition. Not complicated but comforting. Sweet and desserty, not too chocolate or floral and not needing sugar or milk but good with them also. There are natural and artificial flavors and soy and rice in the mix but used well.