drank Smoky Chocolate by 52teas

Thanks to Amanda for this sweet sample! I had my first Lapsang Souchong at my local tea house (Happy Lucky’s) last month and really loved it. When Amanda and I arranged our swap and I saw this Smoky Chocolate I was excited to try it. You either love or hate the smoky tea’s it appears to me, and I’m a lover. I read the other reviews and agree that this is lacking on the chocolate taste. The smoke is not too powerful at all which would be a relief to those who are timid about trying a straight Lapsang Souchong. Adding some sweetening does improve the tea and brings up the chocolate a bit so that in my opinion the aftertaste is almost like a chocolate Necco wafer candy. Malty, chalky. Don’t brew too long or you’ll have a bitter brew. 3-4 minutes max. I did not add milk.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

sounds really good, we love lapsang :)

Bonnie

The fireplace and camping and the woods thing. When I lived in the Sierra Nevada foothills in the mornings people would have woodfires going on rainy days (me too) and the smoke and dampness wove in and out through the forest like etherel filmy woodland spirits. The smell was incredibley wonderful…wow!

Comments

Thomas Edward(Toad)

sounds really good, we love lapsang :)

Bonnie