Beautiful Spring Day in Boulder and my granddaughter Schey and I traveled 1 hour from Fort Collins to drink tea at the Dushanbe Teahouse. http://www.boulderteahouse.com/
The teahouse is beautiful…the interior carved and painted, made without power tools by hand in Tajikistan as a gift to Boulder. So amazing. We arrived, went past the fountain and up to the bar because lunch was over and it was time for tea. I asked for the tea menu and decided to try one of the Puerh selections I was not familiar with since I love to try a new tea. The tea bartender was well informed and brought out my selection the Bamboo Fragrance Puerh. I smelled the scent in the bamboo…nice and clean. Yes, that’s what I wanted. While waiting I found out that their tea comes from exact locations and specific farms, which I appreciate. Finally after a 3 minute wait the generous basket of Puerh was finished steeping and removed, poured into my cup and I began tasting (big pot of Puerh!). Very pale yellow. Lightly fragrant in a hay, straw, bamboo sweet way but very light. Some tannin. No earthiness like every other Puerh I’ve had (kinda missed that aspect). I found that this is very mild and light which was nice with the warm weather. Kept sipping and pouring until finally…things got a bit cool. This is where it all changed…cool…was not too good. The bitterness and tannin came out as the Puerh became a puddle. Sorry to say that I was not expecting this and hoped it would be a nice Puerh to ice in the Summer…but not so fast! This Puerh will have to stay warmed up. I still prefer my hefty and hardy dark Puerh’s but for all those who can’t stand the earthiness then this is where they might just find comfort and jump in and try again. Thanks to the fantastic staff at Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse for a fantastic afternoon teatime!

Scatterbrain

Sounds like a really cool place, there’s nothing like that around me. Not much tea culture around here unfortunately.

Bonnie

Boulder has a Tea Festival July 28-29 which has classes and speakers etc. I can’t wait to go. I went into another place that has tea classes and Chinese style floor seating and tea ceremony service that was beautiful today also. I’m amazed at what is close by and how little is being written about it locally. We’re a bit low key I think.

Comments

Scatterbrain

Bonnie