First review of this lovely sample from Teavivre and Angel for which I am greatful!
I woke up with the sunlight trying to get into my bedroom. This can be good for other people but for me it can mean the beginning of a migraine. Light sets them off. I wear sunglasses indoors and out…even now writing this review. Caffeine helps ward off migraines so I went for the best black tea option in my review box! Such a delight too!

My steep time was 2 1/2 minutes at the 185F temp. and the color of the tea liquor is a medium gold with a hint of green. Very pretty! A sniff…vegital just a bit but what kind I can’t figure out…will have to come later.
A sip….honey…really smooth and silky and not a vegital flavor but maybe cookie? At this highest beginning temperature there is a slight bit of acid. I let the tea cool down and then…well…there began to reveal such velvety richness and an open full mouthfeel delish! The vegital was not yam or sweet potato but sauteed, slightly honeyed carrots. I’ve made them so many times and there is a duel vegital and fruity sweetness rolled into one in carrots that is perfect to discribe what I am getting from this tea. (One time I made a carrot pie with pistachios that was awesome). The acid or tannin I felt in the beginning was almost absent when this tea cooled a bit. I didn’t taste any orange. Adding some sweetening was nice but milk is not what I would recommend because it makes this tea look and taste watery…uh no! Straight up this is great and sweetened it’s good too! (Bonus for me…my head is feeling a lot better already!)

K S

I think this is my favorite black tea.

Scatterbrain

I’m really hoping to get a sample of this with my Teavivre order.

TheTeaFairy

this is such a special tea… glad it made you feel better :o)

Kittenna

Carrot pie with pistachios! Sounds interesting. Probably not for me, who dislikes cooked carrots, but I love hearing about unexpected recipes!

Bonnie

This was an alternative to pumpkin pie with a little lemon and the nuts and sweet with not as much spice as a pumpkin pie. Tad bit of ginger. I always make sure there is real butter in the pie and in the crust. Makes a big difference. Ended up winning an apple pie bakeoff several years and a Soul Food bake off for a pecan pie (read bio). Wrong dessert group to enter when you hate baking crust don’t you think.

Comments

K S

I think this is my favorite black tea.

Scatterbrain

I’m really hoping to get a sample of this with my Teavivre order.

TheTeaFairy

this is such a special tea… glad it made you feel better :o)

Kittenna