drank Pineapple Kona Pop! by Teavana

First review. I must say that unless you pick up the brochure at Teavana you have no idea what’s in this herbal tea except pineapple (on the label). The bags are labeled with the name and a bunch of generic brewing information and that’s all. I had to look up the ingredients…pineapple, apple pieces, fragrant marigold, orange and mallow blossoms. OK. Following the steeping instructions of 5-6 minutes I did a sample pour which was like water so I waited another 3 minutes. Pouring again there was a little color (more of a blush) and a light pineapple fragrance. Sipping the brew straight the tea is not very bold and flavorful. The pineapple is not juicy but dry and undeveloped like the core of the fruit. It has a true flavor alright, just disappointing. I could not taste apple or floral or orange because of the very weak flavor blend. Adding some additional tea did not improve the taste. I added sweetening…which did help enormously with the drinkability
( I would have tossed the pot of tea down the drain otherwise). One thing I never do is add honey…but it seemed that this Pineapple Kona Pop could be the exception to the rule. What could ruin this herbal tea anyway? Adding some Colorado Wildflower Honey was a nice try but still the tea stayed pretty BLEH! I’ll drink it mind you eventually, because I have few decaffeinated or herbal tea’s in my stash. However, I don’t recommend this tea at all!

ashmanra

If you made it super strong, would it be good iced? Or mixed with a little 7 Up or pineapple juice?

Bonnie

I steeped this 9 min. So, next time I’ll go for broke and add even more tea and time! Yeh maybe iced but I don’t drink iced tea’s often.

TeaBrat