drank Yunnan Golden Buds by Verdant Tea

First Review of this lovely black Yunnan Golden Bud tea. Each infusion 3 minutes. 1TB Leaves used per instructions on the Verdant Website Per Cup. traditional method (PIAO 1 glass pot used).

1. Beautiful medium golden brown (with a twinge of green) colored liquor. There is a very pronounced honey scent that picked me up and carried me away…I mean it…all through this first tasting…to my crazy place! (You should all be afraid!) I went to my cupboard and pulled out some honey. Buckwheat honey…yuk…not that one…too strong. Then the local Prairie Wildflower Raw honey (Copoco)…which was closer to the scent( I’ll get back to this later). I needed to taste this tea! The flavor reminds me of those honey seseme candies…but slightly astringent on the finish. Juicy and bright.

2. This I was hoping would be the ‘MegaMillion’ Pour. Soooo much darker! Rich and silky looking caramel orange liquor. The same color that you don’t want your tanning lotion to do to your body! This smells like a slightly floral honey…here we go folks…that Prairie Wildflower Honey! Sumptious and bright on the tongue! Juicy! I just HAD…yes HAD to add sweetening to see what would happen to the honey and it was the best thing I ever ate. No, that’s a show…but it was so darned good! That sweet addition brought up the cinnamon and spicy pepperiness which made a huge difference to the whole cuppa experience. I have to say that when I finished this second cup, there was a feeling and coating on my tongue like whipped creamy honey thick and gooey.

3. The liquor is getting lighter now but still nice and amber. What to expect here? No floral notes but still some honey flavor exists. What is so pronounced at this stage is cinnamon and pepper. If you are a spice-aholic…this is where you jump for joy and say “Mama Mia! "
(I’m thinking Verdant is going to bar me from writing comments about their tea!)

How fantastic to have honey and cinnamon in your tea without having to add it! It’s there already naturally! This is worth a try!

Indigobloom

Mama Mia!! Gimme some honey, honey! ;)
Verdant tea never strikes out do they?!

Bonnie

Nope they are pretty good and this is one spicy a meatball!

K S

Indigobloom, I think this tea might be her Waterloo. Maybe she should send an S.O.S., yeah, I have the box set.

LOL KS!! I think you’re right, the winner takes it all! :P

Bonnie

Huh I thought you guys were on my side and now I’m left out hangin in the wind with the tea leaves! Next thing you know someone will stick me in a cave …oh poo-erh Bonnie I knew her well. Alas!

K S

Bonnie, your Mamma Mia sent us on an ABBA frenzy. I’ll stop but I could go On and On and On… lol

Can I hang out with ya Bonnie? I could use an airing out! :P
KS, I’d be singin now to, if it wasn’t for my darned sore throat lol

Bonnie

Love u guys wish everyone could come to the tea festival in Boulder in July and B Cool!

Indigobloom

That would be SO nice. Well, one can dream! :)