drank Candy Cane by Culinary Teas

Thank you to Emilie for this big sample! This really smells like candy canes and a bit of cherry…like the chocolate gooey cherrys from Christmas that you pop in your mouth as a kid and almost get sick on…yes those ones!
Well, today it LOOKS like rain. We had 81 degrees yesterday and today it might rain for the first time since the end of August!!! Skiers will be glad to get some new powder snow in the higher up’s! Good weather for peppermint tea. I brewed this fragrant pot up and took a big sweet slurp (add sweetening please). Tasted like a paper dry peppermint stick with a cherry finish and was less cherry than expected. Fell kinda flat. This tea needed something more. When a recipe needs tweeking you tweek it right?! I KNOW you guys add stuff to your not-so-great tea. Spy’s are watching! I add things too. The comments about “Oh I wish it had a little more lemon”, or “Why isn’t there some chocolate?”…well, I see you scurring to the cupboard for the chocolate and to the frig for lemon. Can’t fool me! I went to the DARK SIDE! (where else would you expect me to go?) I added a pinch of Lapsang Soochong. I wanted to make the peppermint cherry SMOKIN! It was just small enough an amount to make it interesting and give depth. I liked it. This is something I have done before to play with my tea. Call me crazy. (I know you do!)

TheTeaFairy

Looove the “the dark side” always more fun over there! Your post really cracked me up :)
It’s always nice to experiment ( well ok, maybe not always)… but hey, that’s how the greatest stuff gets invented, so kudo to you Bonnie!

Spoonvonstup

She sees us when we’re steeping.. she knows when we add milk! Hahee- I love your notes.

Emilie

I’m glad you enjoyed this much more than I did! I just couldn’t get cherry cough syrup out of my head when I was drinking it.

Bonnie

I know that you are bad not good so be good for goodness sake.

Indigobloom

haha, nice Bonnie!! good for you, finding that thing that makes it yummy!
I don’t experiment as much as I should. Probably because most of my tea is drunk at work.

Bonnie

I like that phrase I-Bloom "Most of my tea is DRUNK at work! " Do you have any idea what an imagination like mine does with a statement like that?!

Indigobloom

lol do with it what you will. I don’t deny gettin drunk on’em ;)

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Spoonvonstup

Emilie

Bonnie

I know that you are bad not good so be good for goodness sake.

Indigobloom

haha, nice Bonnie!! good for you, finding that thing that makes it yummy!

Indigobloom

lol do with it what you will. I don’t deny gettin drunk on’em ;)

Colorado Grandma