drank Oh Canada! by DAVIDsTEA

Second Review. Playing with Tea.
Today I’ve been in a playful experimental mood. This is not an infrequent state of being for me. Usually I whip up a new dish in the kitchen…and now and then I create a tea infused recipe like hibiscus tea honey or earl grey vanilla pudding. Tonight I was cold! With the temperature dropping from 81 at 5pm yesterday to 34 at 9pm tonight…I wanted some non-caffeine tea that tasted good to warm me up! The gears began turning. Ah, I have this Oh Canada tea but it’s a little too sweet for me. Maybe it’s too maple for tonight. What will I do? Light-bulb! Bing!
I went hurridly to my Spice Cupboard…picked out my Cube brand Applewood Smoked Salt (really good) then went to my Tea Cupboard and pulled down the Black Tea/Lapsang Souchong box picking out the Lapsang Souchong. Now ready for action, I was set to steep a pot of Oh Canada adding a small pinch of Lapsang Souchong and another pinch of Applewood Smoked Salt to the brew basket!
Steeping done, I poured the brew into my mug, added some sweetening (I’ve had this tea before and knew that even though there is lots of maple flavor, adding sweetening brightens the flavor) and took a big sip. This is a winner! Not too strong but just right! The slight salty smokiness really brings a fabulous sense of campfire pancake breakfast with syrup feeling to this tea that I find is better than the 52 tea’s version of pancakes. (I know that sounds conceited…but this has more smoke so I mean it at least for me!).
Try mixing this recipe if you have this tea!

Kittenna

Sounds really interesting! I am definitely not at the experimentation stage yet (nor do I have many ingredients with which to experiment). So I’ll live vicariously through you right now!

Indigobloom

*wanders off to store in search of smoked salt..
I must try this one day!

DaisyChubb

Wow sounds delicious, my mouth is watering for sure o_o

Invader Zim

I like how add Lapsang Souchong to a few of your teas!

Bonnie

Cube is in L.A. and they often have spice sales online. Their spice bottles are huge and beautiful! Love their smoked salts. In town we have Savory Spice Shop which was on Food Network and has an online store. They are fresh and fantastic! I love White Truffle Salt …just a tiny bit packs flavor on rice or quinoa.

Ian

That sounds sooooooo good! Like when your bacon gets in your maple syrup!

You are so right Ian!

Comments

Kittenna

Indigobloom

*wanders off to store in search of smoked salt..
I must try this one day!

DaisyChubb

Wow sounds delicious, my mouth is watering for sure o_o

Invader Zim

I like how add Lapsang Souchong to a few of your teas!

Ian

That sounds sooooooo good! Like when your bacon gets in your maple syrup!

You are so right Ian!