drank Darjeeling Selimbong by Bridgehead

This was my breakfast tea this morning. Today is a beautiful Spring day and warm again’ Temperature is going up to 61 degrees with NO SNOW not even a hint that it came by yesterday! What a trickster the weather can be at 5000 ft.
I’ve never had a Darjeeling, just read discriptions. I know millions have this tea regularly for breakfast or midday tea with milk and sometimes sugar.
I don’t turn on my computer until later in the morning…but I take my Kindle Fire with me to the couch so I can check Steepster…and my cloth covered tea tray with glass pot covered with a paisley tea cozy from April Cornell (I like that they are reversable and $14 when they go on sale). I stay in my Big Brown Hooded Zippered Robe that makes me look like an old craggy monk… because I’m Retired! After 4 minutes steeping the liquid pour has become dark like coffee which is what I want! No insipid weak morning tea for Bonnie. Not bothering to drink this straight up I put a bit of cream into the tea and took a sip…toasty and lightly malty ending with a clip of tannin at the tip of my tongue to pop the flavor. Reminds me of Rome in the morning and me having a creamy perfect cappuccino. Bold, rich and beautiful in taste and color. I added a little sweetening and caught a lightening bolt of cream brulee with the maltiness. Very nice cuppa and not a thin tea but one that coats the mouth with richness. Perfect for breakfast. I finished the whole pot wanting more!

I <3 Darjeelings!!!

Me too dar-j-ling!

LOL it goes really well with honey. Honey and Dar-j-ling! :P

Ar…couugh…gag…

Comments

Indigobloom

I <3 Darjeelings!!!