drank Caribbean Calypso Mate by Teavana

I received this sample from someone somewhere and I have no idea. It was awhile ago. Sorry and thank you mystery person! I had no label to read when I did my brew. There was just the Teavana and the name of the tea so I wrote what I tasted without checking the ingredients first. Here is my honest review.

The first steep was 4 minutes when I began to pour. Since this is a fruit Mate I added sweetening..just a bit… and took a trial sip. I tasted creamy apple and the heat of ginger, some sort of nut background and a little lemony pineapple. The flavors being not too strong or spicy are a little strange which I can’t explain. I had not taken the brew basket out of the teapot so I poured a little stronger brew which was still tasty and a little more hot on the tongue and lemony. By the third and forth mug the tea was very lemony and had picked up more ginger heat. Don’t get me wrong, these cups were highly drinkable…just more potent and just the sort of cuppa you want to cure your sore throat. Tasty. The fact that you can take one big tablespoon of Mate from the first flavor profile to another and another without it getting wierd or bitter is pretty spectacular don’t you think? I do. This is something I might try again just for fun! (Now back to my TV show!)

Colorado Grandma