Second Review. This is one delicious flavored Pu erh! The Strawberry is super rich and holds it’s own next to the Chocolate and Pu erh flavors. Dessert, Dessert, Dessert!
If you had a big chocolate 6 layered cake with a thin layer of mocha caramel cream and some strawberries piled between the layers and plopped whipped cream on the top (I added cream and sweetening just a bit) this is what you have in a cup of this Pu erh (well not exactly but close to it). And… being a pu erh, you get to keep pouring and have some more…(I now laugh my feverish mad laugh…wah ha ha).
You have surmised that I do in fact like this tea a bunch!

ashmanra

Ooo, I have the one from Lupicia. I wonder if they are the same? The one from Lupicia is pretty decadent.

Bonnie

You know when something is overly flavored, sweetened and sickening…well …this is NOT that way! It’s good!

Tommy the Toad

That sounds wonderful :)

Indigobloom

it IS wonderful. HEAVENLY!! :)

ashmanra

I don’t think the Lupicia one was too sweet, if I remember it correctly. It was so flavorful that the aroma filled the kitchen, though! I actually had one sample tea sachet of it and steeped it once, then resteeped it for someone else who wanted to try it because of the way it made my kitchen smell. I just got it loose leaf but haven’t gotten around to drinking any of it yet! maybe I can have some of it in the next day or two and post a fresh review!

ashmanra

I would love it if this tastes the same and costs less. Lupicia is soooo expensive!

Bonnie

This is $4.89 1oz. and $19.17 4.4oz. which is a big bag. I split a big bag with my daughter and now I asked my son to big a bag from Pier 39 in San Francisco. USE THE KIDS!

Indigobloom

but… that’s only 39c savings! might as well buy four one ouncers so that they’re portable :)

ashmanra

Bonnie, PM me your addy and I will send a couple teaspoons of the Lupicia end and you can tell me if they are the same!

Bonnie

Indigo baby…you also get .4 ounces MORE tea!

Indigobloom

yes that’s true as well! darn I wish my supply wasn’t at work… and don’t worry, I would leave some other tea in it’s place if I mugged ya ;P

Comments

ashmanra

Tommy the Toad

That sounds wonderful :)

Indigobloom

it IS wonderful. HEAVENLY!! :)

Bonnie

Indigo baby…you also get .4 ounces MORE tea!

Colorado Grandma