drank Apricot Guayusa by Butiki Teas

Another sample from Stacy at Butiki…Thanks! I have avoided Apricot flavored tea’s. They seem to go all sour and bitter. Is it just me? Have you noticed that too? It takes nerve for me to try this tea and the only way I’m trying it is because it doesn’t say ‘Black Tea’ but Guayusa…so I’ll give it a try.
I had some California Rolls for dinner with WASABI! I really love WASABI with soy sauce and pickled ginger. Oh yeh! I was thinking that the Apricot Guayusa would be a nice after dinner drink which proved to be so true.
This is a Brilliant and restrained version of Apricot Tea. The best Apricot Tea I’ve had or am likely to have. I don’t think I’ll even try any others. No bitter overdone sour fruit here but subtle, mellow and round flavors, almost melon like. There is warmth. If you’ve ever eaten an apricot right off the tree…when it is warm and fuzzy…then you have had this melony creamy flavor that has no acidity. Truth is that some sweetening enhances the apricot flavor and brings the fruit alive in your mouth.
For all those who are Apricot Tea haters, give this a try. I think you will be won over!

Ian

Sounds yummy! I’m glad you were audacious enough to have guayusa so late at night-it has about the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee!

Bonnie

It’s only 6:49 here. It’s later where you live and I had 8 ounces. Not bad right after dinner. I don’t work so I can stay up and sleep in if I want. Ah the life!
It’s cool being an old lady!

Ironically I do stay up late but it’s because I am working :P
I can’t wait to retire! Only 50 more years to go!

Azzrian

I want to like Apricot – but usually do not.

Bonnie

It really is super subtle and warm not acidic!

Azzrian

I have Butiki Teas on my bookmark (under teas) list … have not had the pleasure yet of trying. Plan to check them out hopefully soon.
I may MAY try the apricot – depends on if they do samples sizes or not on their site. I do not recall.
I’m very leery of apricot.

Missy

muahaha another person who organizes her bookmarks according to tea!

TeaBrat

Bonnie – I am ready to retire!

Lisbet

I have actually been on a peach and apricot tea kick lately. It started with a free sample of some pretty lousy tea and then branched into some good varieties…. now I am hooked. It’s nice for spring.

Comments

Ian

Bonnie

It’s cool being an old lady!

Ironically I do stay up late but it’s because I am working :P
I can’t wait to retire! Only 50 more years to go!

Azzrian

I want to like Apricot – but usually do not.

Bonnie

It really is super subtle and warm not acidic!

Azzrian

I’m very leery of apricot.

Missy

muahaha another person who organizes her bookmarks according to tea!

TeaBrat

Bonnie – I am ready to retire!

Lisbet