drank Organic Assam by Butiki Teas

First Review. My First Ever Assam I had to highlight this so I can find it among my reviews since I do go on and on…blah blah blah! Anyway, I was so glad to add this to my recent Butiki order since I keep running into people commenting on how much they love Assam as a staple in their Tea Cupboard or how much they dislike Assam. There seems to be no wishy washy feelings here. It’s a dramatic like or dislike. My vote on the matter was going to be cast. I was going to have to judge an Assam for myself.
I did not read any notes on Assams before tasting just to be fair to my easily influenced sponge brain.
This was my breakfast tea today and it is a very fine misty Frontrange morning.
There is first a fine malty, bready fragrance. I had steeped 4.5 minutes before pouring and added a bit of sweetening (not too much) and some cream. The liquor was nice and dark which I like when adding cream. The flavor is super rich and malty without astringency or sourness which would ruin the homemade bread quality of this tea. My daughter makes bread and the aroma fills the air when baking. Her sourdough is super fine. This tea reminds me of homemade bread but without being too yeasty or sour. I think it’s something about the crust or crumbs that I’m reminded of in the tea. I drank a 24oz pot of tea and was disappointed. Ar…I wanted more. I’m going to make another pot before going to Church later. This will keep me sharp! I am voting a YES on Assam…or at least on this Assam!

TeaBrat

I like assams!

chadao

Bonnie, your posts are always such an entertaining read! I love your story-telling-like ease of reviewing teas, especially how you compare the flavors to familiar foods. I definitely look forward to hearing more from you on this site, and maybe even trying some of the teas that you have reviewed.

Bonnie

I am humbled by your kind words. I ramble. I am a lefty, a right brained visual thinker and I had a little stroke so my past is vivid but hard to grasp at times. Writing here has been good for me.

chadao

I am also a lefty! Maybe that’s why I’m drawn to your posts.

Comments

TeaBrat

I like assams!

Bonnie

chadao

I am also a lefty! Maybe that’s why I’m drawn to your posts.

Colorado Grandma