Thanks to Stacy at Butiki for this sample. I recently tried gunpowder for the first time and asked Stacy for this sample because I was wondering what it would taste like with mint. Who wouldn’t right?! My mind is always combining flavors and thinking about what would go well with what. Anyway, after steeping the sample 3.5 minutes, I could smell lots of mint…fresh and juicy. The tea liquor is very golden and bright. I like mint so much that I grow lots of it…pineapple mint, chocolate mint, apple mint, orange mint, regular mint, banana mint…so I don’t usually buy mint tea since I can make it out of fresh leaves. Blends are more interesting though. The gunpowder toned down this mint flavor a great deal. Instead of a leafy green and bright minty brew this is smoove (yes smoove) and gentle in a laid back, mellow mint cuppa way. Now I do love my in- your- face mint. Zzzzz Yes I Do! But, there is something to be said for groovy and mellow!

chadao

I do love a good green tea with mint. Unfortunately, the only moroccan mint that I’ve tried was made with CTC processed, broken tea leaves. The mint shined through (so you would probably like it), but the tea taste left me with a fair amount of desire.

Comments

chadao

Colorado Grandma