Thank you Ashmanra for this lovely sample! This all came about after a review of Spice and Tea Exchange’s Chocolate and Strawberry Puer…and Ashmanra (probably others also) were wondering if Lupicia was close to the same flavor or markedly different. Generously offering a sample for a side-by-side comparison, she sent me a sample.
So, I have 2 cups by my side and have taken time to sip and reflect on what I taste in each.
To be fair, this listing is under LUPICIA and this Puer is super fresh tasting Strawberry! More than anything this is dominant. I wish I could taste some chocolate but I don’t. No mocha, no chocolate at all. I could smell Puer when I placed my nose close to the wet leaves in the steeping basket but I realize the Puer flavor as richness and body in a general soft caramel way. I added sweetening and cream which made a latte which is very delicious. I consider this bright, robust Strawberry Puer. Tasting the Spice and Tea Exchange afterwards I noticed that the Chocolate is definately present up front with a more muted Strawberry woven around it. You can taste the Puer in the background and is more complex.

Both tea’s are worth having as unique flavor profiles. They are not the same at all. I am giving a rating for the Lupicia.

ashmanra

Good to know! When I had the Lupicia one, I smelled chocolate and strawberry but felt l,e I was drinking a flavored black tea sometimes rather than a puer. I can see that the puer could come through as caramel flavor instead of earthiness. It sounds like I should look into STE version. I think they are similarly priced.

SimplyJenW

I have the Lupicia tea and a sample of the Spice & Tea Exchange version from Indigobloom. I will have to do a side by side, too!

Bonnie

Game on!

Indigobloom

oh yay!! I am SO looking forward to seeing the results of this :P

Comments

ashmanra

SimplyJenW