Thank you to Stacy, owner of Butiki Teas for this Sample!
I have visitors this week! Last night I drove to the Denver Airport and back to pick up my ‘gulp’ 43 year old son Aaron who lives in San Francisco. Getting to bed at 2AM, I haven’t had time to review any new tea’s until this afternoon. This nice bright sample with a large plump blueberry all juicy looking appeared to be a healthy choice. Blueberry=Antioxident! I was in need of rejuvination.
The steeping time was 5minutes at 160F. The liquid pour was light brown with a hint of lavender. I made sure. I held my clear glass cup up to the window and there was a tinge due to the blueberry skin more than likely and not from the purple tea base. You smell heavenly blueberry. It is the same blueberry as breaking open a blueberry muffin all hot and steamy. The flavor straight up is very light, not astringent but a bit creamy and lighter than expected on the blueberry flavor… almost floral. I added a bit of sweetening (not too much) which enhanced the blueberry flavor adding a nectar like taste. Honeysuckle! Truly Honeysuckle Blueberry!

As the tea cools the astringency level increases. Beware. Don’t lose your cup to over cooling.
I think that I would have this again with a piece of toast spread with Creme Fraiche. It would be like having blueberries and cream…with a little bread butteriness.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

mine turned out a dark green color that i wasn’t expecting.

Bonnie

Mine had some blueberries and a few flowers but I had some before that was just the tea and it was brownish with a slight lavender hint around the edges like wine in a wine glass. Green? Huh! Wow! Mine were both from Butiki.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

It was a a pretty green tho lol It came from a friend she got it from Phoenix Tea Shop.

Comments

Thomas Edward(Toad)

mine turned out a dark green color that i wasn’t expecting.

Bonnie