First Review. I Love Dark Chocolate! I buy a certain brand of dark chocolate that has sea salt on it… and I put the candy bar in the freezer…so that every night I can break off a square and eat it slowly all by myself…umm. I love this salty, creamy dark chocolate!

My tea cupboard was lacking a chocolate tea. I ran into a review by IndigoBloom some time ago about STE Black Chocolate…and my son Aaron was bringing me some tea from their store in San Francisco…so ah ha…I decided to put this on the “get me this one too” list.

I am fussy about my chocolate. I still was skeptical about a tea that could deliver the kind of REAL dark chocolate flavor rich enough and authentic enough not to make me gag! I was NOT looking for cocoa. NO milk chocolate. DARK CHOCOLATE ONLY PLEASE! I want a chocolate to play with… ( to add some chili, some maple bacon, some lapsang souchong, salt etc….mad scientist at work!).

Excited for tasting this morning, I brewed a nice big 24oz pot. The pour was dark and promising. First gulp…CHOCOLATE! Not malt or mocha…DARK CHOCOLATE! Yippie (sorry)…but I’m so glad that this measures up to what I desired. Rich, dark chocolate that is deep enough to add sweetening and cream to (which I did of course). There is a little malt but it is natural and very subtle, a chocolate maltiness… not the sort that resembles yam or graham crackers. Thankfully, there is no bitterness, tannin or acid. The finish is smooth vanilla. I went back later after the pot was empty (didn’t take me long to swig down 24oz of this black velvet!) to taste the cold drippings under the brew basket. The rich liquid was still not bitter.
I’m going to have to order more of this tea! 1oz will not last long!

If you notice the new picture by my name, that’s Rocky Mt. Bighorn Sheep…a little picture I took on Wed.

isn’t it yummy?!? my fave choco tea, to be sure :P
Next time I’m in Florida, I am going with tins that can be stocked UP!!!

Bonnie

Yep real chocolate not fake at all!!! Silly girl, they have a store not that far from you…north of Detroit. Ha!

Indigobloom

ah that they do! but… I don’t drive these days. So when the ‘rents head down south, I’ll have to tag along just for the tea :)

Ah…get it!

ashmanra

Bonnie, I could raid your freezer! My daughter got me hooked on that dark chocolate with sea salt bar, and I got my friend hooked on them. I usually keep my chocolate in the refrigerator or freezer so it snaps off just so when I break off a piece. Perfection.

Bonnie

Isn’t it fantastic?! I like applewood bacon chocolate bars but thet cost a lot!

Comments

Indigobloom

isn’t it yummy?!? my fave choco tea, to be sure :P
Next time I’m in Florida, I am going with tins that can be stocked UP!!!

Ah…get it!

ashmanra

Bonnie

Isn’t it fantastic?! I like applewood bacon chocolate bars but thet cost a lot!

Colorado Grandma