drank Gyokuro by Happy Lucky's Tea House

Clouds are gathering…black and bulging with rain…waiting for the right moment to let loose and expload with a clap of thunder boom and clap of lightening!
Steepster is acting like it took a vacation. I strolled over to Facebook and noticed that my local tea shop (Happy Lucky’s) offered a free pot of tea to anyone who could guess the mystery tea of the day by figuring out a clue. Hum…“What tea is smoked over a fire…blah blah blah?” Lightbulb…“Lapsang Souchong”, I answered in my head.
Time passed. By 1 PM noone had guessed correctly, and Steepster was still on vacation.
I couldn’t take it anymore, so I picked out some tea samples for the nice employees who are so kind to me at the shop and off I went for tea.
When I arrived, and they saw me they knew I would guess right the mystery tea so I earned my free pot. BUT, what a marvelously wonderful pot it turned out to be!

I’ve never had Gyokuro tea before so this was special indeed.
A cast iron pot was prepared with 2 teaspoons of Gyokuro tea (high quality). Then, ice cubes were laid on top and allowed to melt slowly…providing small tablespoon sized tastings over and over again of the most delicious rich liquor.
This was beyond tea! The flavor was salty and rich like venison or the finest roasted lamb without any gaminess. The amount of coating on the tongue was unreal…more than any tea I’ve ever had. Aftertaste…beyond belief…lingering on and on. Each cup remained as good as the last. I can’t say enough about how good this tea was. It hit every taste bud, broke all the rules and stopped just short of what your pleasure center can tolerate.
Amazing tea! Amazing brewing method for this tea! I am going to repeat this method and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! What a treat! Thank you to Happy Lucky’s!

Shinobi cha video…how to prepare: http://youtu.be/4UEZcq1qVtw

Congrats!! :)

TeaBrat

Gyokuro is awesome. It’s definitely one of my favorite teas!

Kittenna

That sounds like such an interesting brewing method! Is it common?

Kittenna

Oh, also – Steepster has been painfully slow for me today. Took literally minutes to load earlier, so I gave up.

Azzrian

Yeah steepster is slow as a snail for me too – actually I think a snail would be faster but it seems to be getting a little better now.

Bonnie

I was told you can do this with sencha’s but gyokuro is stronger and boy the flavor really gets concentrated!

chadao

You make this tea sound like heaven. I’ll have to go and try it out!