Thank you to Teavivre for this tea sample which I requested!

I noticed that there were no tasting notes for this loose Pu-erh on Steepster. So, when Angel contacted me about sending a second round of samples, I requested this one and I received a nice amount for several large pots of tea.

Where has this Pu-erh been? Why has noone reviewed it before? In my opinion, it is one of the best…if not THE BEST loose leaf pu-erhs I’ve had to date!

The instructions for brewing recommend 1-2 minute steep…but I went longer to 4 minutes which was delightfully dark. The broth (not liquor at this point) was not dirty but um yum…lightly salty with the flavor of slowly sauteed, buttery crimini mushrooms. Splendid! Marvelous! Delicious!
I can sip this and not need to snack on anything all day if I want to. It is just that good and savory!

Hiding underneath the broth is a natural sweetness trickling along in the big juicy flavor until POW! you get a sparkling WAM! of pepper on your tongue. (More sparkle than bite!).

Being an experimenter with flavor, I sweetened the pu-erh just a little which was a real enhancement to the savory quality of the tea.

This is fine loose Pu-erh!

Then, my power went out! I put on my Kindle Fire music and listened to this by Tchiakovsky (it lets you skip past the youtube ad):

Thomas Edward(Toad)

That song was very nice, thank you for sharing it here.

Bonnie

Welcome. I love Russian music… and Byzantine Chant especially also. Soothing to the core.

Azzrian

I have a sample of this too! I have been waiting for JUST the right moment to try it! Now I can’t wait!!! :) I will see if I can make some ME time tonight for this one! But wait … then I will only want to order it and I am tea broke right now. Uggg what to do what to do!?!?!

Bonnie

Well, re-steep! This one is only $8.90 for 100g (3.5 oz.) which is really good! Just looked it up.

Azzrian

Oh hot damn! thats CHEAP!

K S

Of course you’ll have to order $30 worth to get free shipping. ha.

Bonnie

No they charge $5.90 first class mail from China to the U.S. (don’t know the Canadian rate) .

Indigobloom

that sounds lovely! what a nice way to wake up :)

Kittenna

@Bonnie – I think it’s 5.90 for orders under $30, and free over (as long as you’re willing to go with the slowest option). I think it’s the same for Canada. I really only look at places with good deals on shipping.

Bonnie

I think this is a good deal for how far it comes from. Costs me almost as much to ship to and from Canada.

ashmanra

Yes, I had a $30 order and got the free shipping and had my tea in a week. I was very pleased.

ashmanra

Oh, and I like your new profile picture! :)

Bonnie

Ah thanks! My son was here last week so I felt like putting a pic with us together up.

Comments

Thomas Edward(Toad)

That song was very nice, thank you for sharing it here.

Azzrian

Oh hot damn! thats CHEAP!

K S

Of course you’ll have to order $30 worth to get free shipping. ha.

Indigobloom

that sounds lovely! what a nice way to wake up :)

Kittenna

ashmanra

Oh, and I like your new profile picture! :)

Colorado Grandma