drank Coconut Cream Pie by Butiki Teas

Thank you Butiki Tea and Stacy for this sample!
Tonight I grilled a Ahi Tuna steak for a favorite sandwich. After grilling 1-2 minutes per side on a hot dry pan, rest the tuna a few minutes then cut into chunks. Dress with Soy sauce mixed with a little WASABI (um love it). Make a salad of chopped greens, cut up avacado, a little chopped green onion, fresh corn if you have it, a little jalapeno pepper if you want…tomato if you are not allergic like me…and mix with the tuna…then spritz with lime juice and put a glob of the mix on a hotdog type bun. This is really good! Should be enough to make a few sandwiches.

OK. What goes with this?

To follow my fab sandwich for dinner, I had this Coconut Cream Pie caffeine free Rooibos and watched a French Movie on Netflix in HD on my 60in big TV (this is the good life of a retired old lady!). Oh, and a piece of salted dark chocolate.

I think this tea is almost a vanilla coconut cream flavor. I am so thankful that Butiki knows how to create flavors that are pure without going sour in the mouth. It is a pet peeve of mine that some companies use flavoring that is like swigging out of a bottle of flavoring with the alcohol in it. YUK! This is GOOD flavor not the bad stuff! The aftertaste lingers pleasantly long afterwards with that mostly vanilla note. I was tempted to get creative and run for my Lapsang Souchong to add a little…but this is not about mixing tea this time around. Butiki deserves it’s own time spotlighting this tea!

Mercuryhime

Tasty sounding recipe! Sounds like asianed up ceviche. Might be good as a soft taco! Also. Yum! Coconut tea!

Bonnie

Less runny than ceviche and less citrus…ceviche actually would cook the tuna. This one the lime (if you have any) is just a splash to brighten the buttery avacado. But the soft taco shell would work as well as the bun. This works well as dinner on a hot day with a cold drink. Short cooking time and fast.

Azzrian

I love Ahi!!! This tea sounds wonderful too!

Kittenna

Oh Bonnie. I agree with Ian, your posts leave me hungry. Now all I want to eat is a lovely ahi tuna steak (so I think I’ll stop by the store on the way home tomorrow morning).

Bonnie

I had this tea before I knew I was allergic to Rooibos…who knew! It was really good though!

Comments

Mercuryhime

Azzrian

I love Ahi!!! This tea sounds wonderful too!

Kittenna