drank Whisky White by DAVIDsTEA

Another lovely tea sample from IndigoBloom-let! Thank you Dearie!

A Scot’s got to have her Whisky don’t you think? Sooner or later, Bonnie of Stewart, Cameron, Johnstone is needin her DT Whisky White and thanks to I-Bloom up in the land of my Fathers (after leavin Scotland) in Canada, here I go.

Being somewhat of a know-it-all old person, I did not read the steeping time ahead. What for?!
Steep 1 = 4minutes YA HEARD ME RIGHT!
A bit honey gold and very flavorful. I can’t say I don’t appreciate the full flavor. It’s like a honey, ertzy banana, rye bread. If you put in a little sweetening it is more banana.
I looked at the directions online…OOPS…30-80 seconds recommended as a steep time!
Ar oh!

Second steep = 45 seconds. SHOULD BE BETTER!
But, it smells like CLOROX! ADDED 30 more seconds! BAD SMELL IS GONE!
There is a lighter color and flavor. The banana flavor is not as strong which is ok depending on if you like that sort of thing or not. The rye bread taste is also faint but still there and the honey is very light. It is just a gentler version of the over-steeped first batch. You could do this tasting side by side and see which you prefer.

What did I do next…
I could not resist the classic Whisky and Lapsang Souchong pairing.
Whisky drinkers drink this classic smoked tea till they are passed out drunk!
Having a small cup of both tea’s (one sweet and one salty and smoky) proved to
be a delicious way to enjoy this Whisky White. It knocked out the banana flavor!
See what you think?!

I’m back I mixed a little LS and Whisky White together and the Bagpipes began to play!
(If you think I’m kidding about the two, Google “Whisky and Lapsang Souchong” Winston Churchill drank this combination).

Indigobloom

Whisky and lapsang!! whoddathunkit?
Now I have a craving for whiskey… and kilts!

Bonnie

And maybe what’s wearing um! Hoot man!

Indigobloom

LOL oh yes… that’ll get the fire roarin’! ;)

ashmanra

I read the article to youngest. She LOVES Winston Churchill….even before she saw “him” in Doctor Who!

Bonnie

How old is she? My granddaughters love Dr. Who!

ashmanra

My youngest is fourteen, but the other two daughters are big fans also!

Dylan Oxford

Winston Churchill was only awesome because he knew exactly when he needed The Doctor’s help.

Comments

Indigobloom

Whisky and lapsang!! whoddathunkit?
Now I have a craving for whiskey… and kilts!

Bonnie

And maybe what’s wearing um! Hoot man!

Indigobloom

LOL oh yes… that’ll get the fire roarin’! ;)

Bonnie

How old is she? My granddaughters love Dr. Who!

ashmanra

My youngest is fourteen, but the other two daughters are big fans also!

Dylan Oxford