drank Golden Pu-Ehr by The Tea Emporium

Thanks Indigobloom for this tea!
I love Pu-Ehr in the morning! Rich and delicious,this cup starts my day right.
The steep time here was 4 min. and produced a mild sweet bakery earthy aroma. I had rinsed earlier for 20 seconds.
The flavor was mild. Peppery on the tongue and barely earthy, with sweet salt and nice drinkability.
Whenever I find salt I am tempted to sweeten my tea to experience the contrast and see what flavors develop. When I did this, the earthiness rose up from hiding. Good! I do love this sweet savory tea!
I wasn’t going to do this but as an experiment I added milk and pow! Salty caramel heaven! I was surprised at how delish!
I’ve learned that a rinse is a good thing if you are weary of pu-erh’s, and try sweet or with milk or cream to see what your preference is!

chadao

Do you know if this was a raw or ripe pu-er? You make it sound delicious :)

Bonnie

It says aged 5. year old so ripe from Yunnan and says buried after oxidation. I like slightly salty Pu’er! Do you ever sweeten yours?

ScottTeaMan

Ripe by the looks and sounds of it.

Azzrian

This goes on my shopping list! :) You made it sound amazing!

chadao

I actually never sweeten my straight teas, but your posts are slowly convincing me to try it :)

Bonnie

chadao…I’m not trying to change your mind…it’s just that I was tasting and thinking about how other people drink tea and did a progression from straight to sweetened and then with cream especially for morning tea. I found that when a tea was very rich or salty, I liked the sweet addition. And then with some tea’s the cream brought out big caramel or butterscotch flavors or Payday Candy Bar. Other times the straight was best if there was more earth and mushroom and so on.

Indigobloom

Azzrian is right, you make this sound very tasty!!
I’m wary of yunnan teas so it’s always a pu-erh gamble when I try one.
Glad you like it Bonnie! :)

Bonnie

Ha Ha funny, pu-erh choice of words! I went to my cheese shop in town and bought 2 goat cheeses from uhm Northern California of course…well, they do produce great cheese, and then to Happy Lucky’s for an afternoon $4.95 pot of Yunnan Pu-erh. Some new pu-erhs just arrived so I’m going to go through them. Haven’t been out of the house in days so needed to see people too. I thought it was nice and light and tasty, added some sugar to balance with the salt (the guys there do this too sometimes I was told).

Indigobloom

Mmmm goat cheese, my fave! I try. My friends often tell me, get thee to a punnery woman!
I need to remember to add sugar to my buttery teas and see what happens. I keep forgetting.

Funny punny!

Comments

chadao

Do you know if this was a raw or ripe pu-er? You make it sound delicious :)

ScottTeaMan

Ripe by the looks and sounds of it.

Azzrian

This goes on my shopping list! :) You made it sound amazing!

Indigobloom

Azzrian is right, you make this sound very tasty!!
I’m wary of yunnan teas so it’s always a pu-erh gamble when I try one.
Glad you like it Bonnie! :)

Funny punny!