drank Happy Kombucha by DAVIDsTEA

Far out and thank you to my friend IndigoBloom flower child for this cool sample

This whole review is the rambling of an old woman. If you hate that sort of thing, do not read on!

Finally a tea that has some history (Kombucha and the hippie part) to have some fun with! The Haight in 1967! (Haight Ashbury San Francisco) Was really wierd! My best friend had moved there and when I went the 50 miles from San Jose to visit…well…I had been to a “Love In at Stanford”, and a “Sit In” at my Collage, and a meeting with “H. Rap Brown” (look it up) but this was a mind blowing freaky place! Even then my senses said DANGER! The thought of taking drugs around a bunch of strangers where anyone could do whatever they wanted to with you…well…it wasn’t for me! Pretty much that’s what it looked like on the streets and at my friend Kay’s place. A little girl around the corner from my house got hooked up with Charles Manson at that time in the City. Her name was Susan Atkins. I remember her way before the evil happened. Old memories.

Anyway, I had a lot of pain in my bones last night and had to go back to sleep this morning to catch up. The Kombucha called to me…hey Bonnie…let’s boogie on down memory lane and groove to the 60’s beat again! Cool! Far out! I could dig that!

http://youtu.be/cvWjIgiUIw4 …Mamas and the Papas Are you Going to San Francisco

I steeped this tea a long time…6 minutes and it’s delicious! I love pineapple! My review on the flavor is going to be short and SWEET!
This is full and buttery, not a thin fruit tea but naturally sweet and ripe. Happy to say that hot or cold this does not change character! Lovely cup to ice or drink hot which means you can have it year around in the cupboard and delight in it any way you want to have it.
This is a flavored oolong and I would have on hand because it isn’t fussy. Great every day, dependable tea!

(FYI I think I’m the only one in the Bay Area of my generation that did not do drugs! Instead I became a Vista Volunteer and went to the East Coast during the Civil Rights Era. I did however, wear mini shirts and platform shoes and looked like a hooker!)
http://youtu.be/ntLsElbW9Xo This last one is a classic 60’s protest song by Barry Maguire called The Eve of Distruction. He came to my home…(actually we were friends long ago) and got there before me one night and when I arrived the house was full of people and he was just sitting on the couch playing the guitar…some guy was washing my dishes. This was after I was married with children in the 70’s.

ScottTeaMan

Great reviw Bonnie-and a good song. :))

ScottTeaMan

It’s funny you’re talking about that era. This song is a remake, but this is the look. This chick really has the look…….and she can sing…….so groovy, I’m diggin’ it!

Bonnie

Right on ScottTeaMan! Was that Leslie Uggums…? Cool look! I added another tune by an old friend at the end…Barry Maguire.

ScottTeaMan

That hipster chick is Gayle McCormick.

No, the announcer!

ScottTeaMan

OOhhhh,,,,,,now that you mentioned it, I thought she sounded very fimiliar. Not sure but she does sound familiar.

Bonnie

If you ever watched Roots, she was Kizzie (Kissie?) and a fine singer.

Indigobloom

Right on dude!! :P
Good song choice…

ScottTeaMan

I was very young and do remember ROOTS, but now I have to see it again.

Drunk From Tea

Wow, you can really learn a lot about a stranger over a cup of tea… or a tea rating (:

Bonnie

When you’re my age you have nothing to hide.

Comments

ScottTeaMan

Great reviw Bonnie-and a good song. :))

ScottTeaMan

That hipster chick is Gayle McCormick.

No, the announcer!

Bonnie

If you ever watched Roots, she was Kizzie (Kissie?) and a fine singer.

Indigobloom

Right on dude!! :P
Good song choice…

ScottTeaMan

I was very young and do remember ROOTS, but now I have to see it again.

Drunk From Tea

Bonnie

When you’re my age you have nothing to hide.

Colorado Grandma