drank Toasted Walnut by DAVIDsTEA

Thank you TeaFairy dahling for this tea sample!

Appropriate tea for this early evening would be…NUTS! Because I’ve been wacky NUTS! today (if you read the Kombucha review you know this already). Therefore, I picked the Toasted Walnut as a perfect follow-up tea for me to taste.

Now TeaFairy is funny girl. She sent me sample packets in French so that I had no idea what ingredients were in the tea. She labeled the name and brewing instructions though. (Good girl for that!) So for me this is Noix grillees. Cool!

The 4 minute steep time produced a deep gold greenish liquor that smelled like pastry all buttered and warm. My first sip was light but not very nutty (I discovered later that there were other ingredients that tempered the nuttiness) and sweet enough to drink without having to add sugar. For me though, I wanted some sweet tea at that time of day. Um, worth it too! Nice, creamy tea smooth and fruity. I could smell the walnut scent but the flavor was more like coconut cream. Later I read the ingredients, English Version, and voila’ coconut is in the mix along with some fruit.

This is tasty tea and a nice treat but I think it’s almost false advertising on the name. There is no toasted walnut flavor. The other flavors completely overpower what could have been a unique tea. Try this again DavidsTea. It should have been called Nutty Coconut Fruit Tea to be more accurate. But, the tea did taste good!

Mercuryhime

Totally agree! I thought this tasted more like cake than walnut, toasted or otherwise.

Kittenna

Ooh, you said no nuts in your sample, yes? If so, that might be the reason for the lack of nutty flavour.

Bonnie

No chunks just tiny little bitty stuff.

Kittenna

I think the tiny ones are almonds and then there are identifiable chunks of walnut.

TheTeaFairy

Happy you liked «Noix grillées»! I agree with you, no walnut but tasty coconut :)

Comments

Mercuryhime

Bonnie

No chunks just tiny little bitty stuff.

TheTeaFairy