drank Gyokuro by Happy Lucky's Tea House

Second Review. This time…Hot Tea Baby!
The last time I reviewed this tea, I had it on ice. NOT ICED, rather UNDER ICE. 2 tsp. in a pot with several ice cubes slowly melting on top and WOW!!! it was so concentrated in flavor and good! Ninja Tea.

What??? would this Gyokuro taste like hot? I had no idea? I’d never had a Gyokuro before the iced one. Never heated!

I began with 1tsp dry dark leaves in my Gaiwan and a 180f 1min steep. Since this was my first tasting, I used a double wall glass cup to catch the color which was the most fantastic bright (but pale) yellow green. Almost fluorescent!

The scent was not very vegital…but the flavor…ah…oh…ouch! WOW AGAIN! The flavor is like sweet corn but not. Creamy, buttery…and then…cool without tasting minty.
I wanted to say that I had just had chicken on the grill with fresh white corn…and had a swig of crushed ice from an empty glass…still sweet from Southern sweet tea. All of those flavors coming together…THAT! is what I tasted.
There is no bitterness at all even when cool. The coolness just gets more buttery and silky.

I Love this! I really Love this tea…!

http://youtu.be/WZ6HOUGE-Ok Aretha Franklin Baby I love You

TheTeaFairy

I’ve never had gyokuro before, I’ve read both reviews you’ve made and It made a believer out of me, I will try one shortly, hope it will be as good as this one!

TeaBrat

TeaFairy – you need to try it someday! Gyokuros are great!

jason

I tried this one today too! serendipity!

Bonnie

Hot or cold!?

jason

I tried it cold first but wasn’t thinking about the unspoken directions. I had it sitting indoors in a room with AC going under a gaiwan full of ice that took 2 hours to melt enough for a small slurp. It was pure vile! I’m guessing that method would make a lot more sense outdoors on a hot day when you pull shots every couple minutes instead of hours!! Anyway, salvaged the leaves and prepared it hot – delicious! A review will be coming very soon, long weekend and all!

Comments

TheTeaFairy

TeaBrat

TeaFairy – you need to try it someday! Gyokuros are great!

jason

I tried this one today too! serendipity!

Bonnie