drank Berubeula Ceylon by Tealish

Thank you IndigoBloom for this big Sample

In my younger lady days (1977), I had no idea at all how to prepare tea. My neighbor was from Ceylon (Sri Lanka now) and went home for a visit, bringing home a big quantity of very superior tea as a gift for me. I ruined it…not knowing how to properly steep tea. I threw some leaves in a pot, put boiling water in and after awhile drank the tea (never removing the leaves). Of course the tea became bitter right away.

IndigoBloom has supplied me with a do-over! The forgiveness of my former tea sin!

I do love black tea. Most of the ones I taste are from China, a few from India but none really from Ceylon. This lovely tea was quite vanilla floral and cocoa smelling. There was astringency but no bitterness. Adding sugar and cream inproved the tea and increased the chocolatey malty taste. I didn’t taste or smell raspberry which others have commented on.
My response to the tea itself was that it was clear, bright, light with an almost sparkling quality that reminded me of a freshwater spring. I know that sounds strange, but it had a quality of freshness that made it a perfect tea for blending with heavier black tea’s. It was also what makes this tea perfect for iced tea. It was CLEAN tea!

Thank’s Indigo-B

clean, yes I get that to! not the vanilla though

Bonnie

Eh, may have been the whim of the evening or magic!

Indigobloom

some tea dust perhaps? ;)

Comments

Indigobloom

clean, yes I get that to! not the vanilla though

Bonnie

Eh, may have been the whim of the evening or magic!

Indigobloom

some tea dust perhaps? ;)

Colorado Grandma