Third Tasting Note.

I keep coming back to this tea and using it in different ways.

First I added a pinch to other tea’s to smoke them up a little…especially good with a floral tea or Earl Grey.

Next, I started to steam my broccoli and cauliflower with a pinch of ground Lapsang Souchong and sometimes I grind it with smoked pepper or freeze dried garlic, sprinkling it over the vegetables in the steamer. The house smells so good and the veggies taste wonderful.

I moved on to pasta. Yes, pasta water and a little tea…smoky pasta…which I used first with Cheese Tortellini. Fabulous…just add a little olive oil and some herbs and um….!

Finally I want to try cooking meat and fish with this smoky tea. I know there are people who use it with BBQ rubs. You can google this and try out those options.

I had some WHISKEY CHEESE from my local cheese shop (The Welsh Rabbit in Fort Collins) that I ate while sipping my tea and ohhhhhh it was perfect! Whiskey and Smoke!

That’s it for this round! I love the smoke!

TeaBrat

Nice! I will have to try the vegetable steaming trick, that sounds fab. I know people use it in a marinade as well.

Alphakitty

Ooh, putting tea in pasta water is a fantastic idea! I just saw a recipe for chai chili and now I want to put tea in all my food… but this seems like a much more subtle (and easy!) way.

Scatterbrain

You’re very creative with your tea. :) I’m glad you included this one in my package, lapsang souchong is one I’ve been extremely curious about but hesitant to spend money on.

Erin

There are so many ways to use lapsang souchong in cooking! I like to sprinkle some on salmon before baking it. I’m making broccoli tomorrow so I’ll try throwing some in like you said!

Will Work For Tea

This is a great review! I’m always looking for things to add tea to. Smoky pasta – that sounds awesome! I’ve gotta try that when I get my hands on some Lapsang Souchong.

ScottTeaMan

Cooking with LS sounds gooood!

Bonnie

Is gooood! Even steamed brussel sprouts with it! Wild and crazy me!

Comments

TeaBrat

Alphakitty

Scatterbrain

Erin

Will Work For Tea

ScottTeaMan

Cooking with LS sounds gooood!

Bonnie

Is gooood! Even steamed brussel sprouts with it! Wild and crazy me!

Colorado Grandma