drank White Butterfly by Teaopia

Another thank you to IndigoBloom for this lovely Sample!

My experience with White Tea is very limited. The White Tea’s in the past have been from Teavivre, and Puripan (now known also as TeaO2) which have been super good tea’s indeed.

I steeped the furry green nettle-like leaves for 2.5 minutes in 160F water Western Style (wanting a large brew for my glass pot).
The wet green leaf aroma was super spinachy, more than any tea I’ve had to date and like steaming artichoke hearts when you’re scooping out the choke.
On the first sip my whole mouth had a gentle pop rock sensation. The salty, lightly spinach flavored tea had a juicy, mineral and slightly bitter taste. The bitterness was not a bother but I don’t really like bitterness. I added sweetening which even with a tiny bit tempered the bitterness without covering up the flavor. Note that the tea’s astringency increases as the it cools.
I wish I could agree with the other reviewer comments on Peach and Floral flavor/scent. Digging deep, I could not find those flavors anywhere! Maybe sweetened, ah yes, that is when the dessert quality came out and was delightful. I thought it tasted more like a Cream Cookie than a Peach though.

As a straight up White Tea, this was a mild, vegital variety that was best hot. Not a candidate for iced tea! It’s low caffeine (nice plus). Sweetened the tea can double as a dessert tea.

Every chance I get to try all the various types of tea is a fantastic experience for me! (although the worm pooped tea that Scott has he can keep to himself!)
Thanks again I-Bloom