drank Licorice Twist by DAVIDsTEA

Thank you TeaFairy for this Sample!

TeaFairy made a note on the packet that says “wierd taste but good if you have a sore throat”. Eeks! I don’t have a sore throat so maybe I should be afraid!

My dad loved black licorice candy. He got the worst kind available that tasted like soap and Sen Sen breath little squares that…blech…he must have KNOWN my brother and I would never, never try to steal! Ever! He was right! I was hoping this tea was not going to be a similar experience.
The tea brews up deep gold but not very fragrant. It does not smell like licorice.
Hum.
One sip…warm in the mouth not from the water, but a heat from an ingredient which may be the Ginger or Chili. I can taste Licorice and Anise and a little Fennel…which together is pleasing. There is heat, like I said, and a coolness from Mint. Altogether, not what I thought the tea was going to taste like…and naturally sweet. I don’t think you should be afraid to try this tea unless you want to avoid the Chili. There is a kickin spicy finish.
I think DT could have gone further with the Anise. The Licorice is tame for true Licorice lovers. You could add some more Anise yourself though.

Aha Moment! When you’re sick…adding honey and lemon is soothing…so, what would this taste like?
I tried the tea that way and…WOW! A great improvement on the flavor!!! Is this what was intended in the first place? Licorice Twist, Wildflower Honey, Lemon! Fantastic!

Thanks TeaFairy!